SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Friday, November 7, 2008

single mom

Well, I've managed to make it 6 days w/o Brian. I didn't realize how much I'd miss him. It's definitely harder with the kids now. But the boys are handling it well. David talks about him being on "the big bus" every day. (they took a charter to Miami) My heart leaped when I heard his voice (he was able to call)for about 60 secs. Wed. night. He and the team are doing o.k. The day to day routine is pretty much the same, but the evenings get lonely. I don't like being at home at night by myself. I am sort of a scaredy-cat. I pray everynight, and place my trust in God; that's all I know to do. I wondered if He was hearing my prayers lately, though. David has been waking so early now b/c of daylight saving time but yesterday 4:30 was a little much. I've been sensing the need to get up early to pray & study but....... I had difficulty getting him to cooperate and go back to sleep and then Daniel was wide awake (they share a room) so I gave up and stuck my head in the Bible and prayed and would you believe those boys went back to sleep at 6 and didn't wake up 'til 7:30. I was so excited and appreciative. My mom came up today so I could work, it was really good to have her there. We had time to hang out and take a walk with the boys. I know good will surely come from this season of time, and I pray that Brian and the team our doing great work in the Amazon. We are not "here" for our luxury and this is a good reminder of that.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I have been praying for you here and Brian being with AVM. I struggle when my Bryan is out one evening a week or an hour late. I can't even imagine 12 days. You know your hard work here counts just as much toward the Kingdom growth over there!!! Keep it up... souls are changing for eternity!

Teri said...

You made it! Sorry I am a little late in reading this.. I just recently joined the blog world... but I am so proud of you and can't wait to here stories from their time there. Miss ya and hope we can get the boys together soon!