SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Friday, October 3, 2008

.....another honeymoon?


Life is hectic. Everyone is feeling the crunch right now. For a much needed "holiday", Brian and I were blessed to go away, alone for the night a few weeks ago. Thankfully, my mom came up to watch the boys and we were off to Amelia Island for the night. For those of you who don't know where that is, it is an island off the Jacksonville coast. After getting there, I found that it didn't really seem like an island, but rather going a few blocks past conveniences of home to more conveniences of home. I guess it was like Key West but not as tropical and only a few miles off the mainland vs 7. Anyway, we hadn't been there before so I thought it'd be cool....something new. The homes are beautiful, Victorian style- we went on a self-guided tour on our trusty scooters. I hadn't been on a scooter since..........who knows when. I almost crashed getting out of the parking lot but soon got my bearings and was off feeling frisky and free. We ventured to the fort, which was cool; a lot like St. Augustine and shopped (for 15min) along the main drag. I was in ONE store for 15min and according to Brian that was enough. Oh well, I didn't need to spend any money anyway, but it was fun to look. Our B&B had a quaint back porch where we hung out in the afternoon and caught some of the Gator game. It was quite relaxing. We could actually hold an adult conversation and enjoy munchies without having to share. Great, I tell you. The other details I will leave alone. Let's just say, it was nice to see each other like newlyweds again. Believe it or not we both were ready the next morning to get back to our little tikes. So, after a predestined worship time at the local church, we were off again.....this time back to parenthood. (still blissful).

No comments: