SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy (belated) New Year

Not a great start to a new year, huh. I am already behind on our blog. I figure going back and recapping is the easiest thing to do, at this point. I am content now that I've realized what a great journal it is keeping a blog, so if I get behind it's o.k. I am killing two birds with one stone. (thanks for enlightening me Kristen) December was a fast month, as I am sure most of you can relate. Every year, I do the same thing; I plan to have my shopping done by Nov. but am still finishing up the week before Christmas. Thankfully, I managed to keep the list small and really focused on the true meaning.... my stressful days were lifted a little higher, and my heart seemed more carefree to share Jesus with others. I enjoyed making bread and bringing gifts to David and Daniel's teachers at school, to show them appreciation for their wonderful care. Brian and I experienced our first Christmas program, and my heart felt soft for David as he sat on stage starring at his classmates and teachers. His little finger probed around in his mouth, like he was searching for the escape button and it was all I could do to not run up and hold him, and wipe the dried tears from his cheeks. He was not in "his glory" and Brian reassured me he was the same way, when he was David's age. The 15 min of agony was fully healed with cookies.



Christmas was somewhat calm. I had to work part of the day, but enjoyed a quiet time with Brian and the boys in the morning and appreciated that special time of "just us". The boys did well at the Christmas eve service and most of the people didn't seem to mind the noisy wheel loader scooting across the floor, from time to time.



New Year's wasn't really much. We were in bed by 10:30 to prepare for our flight the next day. Hopefully, there isn't some true meaning behind the kiss when the clock strikes midnight, b/c we totally miss it every year. I guess we'll have to stick with prayer to set our feet firm. I mean that in a sweet, teasing way. We had a great time visiting with Brian's family in California. Unfortutately we missed our plane in the morning b/c we over slept but God blessed us, and despite the two 5 hr. lay overs we got to fly First Class the whole way. SWEET!! Let me tell you. I was dreading coach on the way back, but it went fine of course and the boys are troopers. I will be posting pics to follow. one of these days. Hang in there I am still learning this blog thing.
I am anticipating a full new year of learning to walk with Jesus, praying more and consistently, appreciating every moment with my kids and Brian, letting go of the things I can't change and getting over me. I believe that God has many things planned for us this year. We are praying about a house, new job opportunities, reading through the Bible and memorizing scriptures together. I can't wait to see how this year unfolds. I am so grateful that our heavenly Father is gracious and give us a new clean slate every day. I know I need it. One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 32:5 Create in me a pure heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. I hope to concentrate my mind and heart on the word daily. Thanks for the motivation Andrea. I hope all my blessed friends are on a new solid foundation and anticipating a great year also.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Please keep blogging! I learn something from you every time! Need to make it my prayer too, to get over me! You were and still are a god-send in my life, thanks for all the wonderful advice,help, wisdom, etc...you offered over the last few months. Praise God for you.

Anonymous said...

I am with Katie, my friend. I love you and miss you more than you know :( I pray for you often, thanking God for putting you in my life and using you to keep me going when you don't even know it! Kisses to the boys- we are hoping to see you very soon.

Suzanne said...

What an awesome post! Thanks for sharing your heart, which is reflecting God so wonderfully to me today. The blessing of friends. Yes, 2009 is looking more of Jesus and hopefully less of me for me as well. Looking forward to a year of being connected to friend better. Even if it is through blogging it seems to be helping me. Though I need to catch up with you in person soon.

Teri said...

Julie, you are simply amazing. I beg you to please blog more often, I am with the others in that we need your wisdom. I really do need to get over me, especially tonight in this moment I am reading this, so thank you for that reminder. Thank you for the verse you included too. I just love you and am so thankful for you. When are we ever going to get our little guys together. I know I've told you a million times already, but I am a stay at home mommy on Fridays and we love going to the park.. hint hint! love you chica!Thanks for being you.

Teri said...

Oh and now that I scrolled down I have two more comments.
1. The pic of David at the bottom is absolutely adorable. You could seriously win some photography prize it is that cute. He is just all boy and I love love love it!
2. Add me to your blog list woman!