SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Better late than never

David with Gabriel and Nicholae at his birthday party

Verity, Daniel, David & Sammy blowing out the candles


Little Miss Verity in the middle of all those silly boys. You go Girl!

David got a new bike. Here he is not excited about it. Newer pics to come.


My birthday boy. 4..........really?
It's a good thing nobody else is keeping track of my tardiness in writing. I am too hard on myself, it is amazing I even manage to blog at all, and I realize that. I am grateful for this new concept of blogging, I don't think I'd ever be able to keep memories of the kids this organized otherwise. And, it is fun to look back at previous entries and read what was happening and what was on my mind at the time.
Anyway, fun was had at David's party. He and his friends participated in his first pinata. The thrill only lasted a few minutes and the candy at the end was all the rave, of course. I was more excited about his new bike than he was, but usually David takes a little while to come around. It was pretty hot and humid. The realization that summer is right around the corner.....ugh.
David insisted his cake be Thomas the train, even though I really pushed for something else. He wanted chocolate with chocolate icing, strange enough but then he didn't really care for it later. It was goood, totally from scratch. I guess the boy didn't realize. :)
Happy Birthday David. You are sensitive and sweet and have such a gorgeous smile. You are learning new scripture and impress me everyday with how much you know. I could listen to you sing while you play all day long. You are my firstborn and there is nothing like it. You will always hold a special place in my heart. I love you.- Mommy





2 comments:

Abby and Jacob said...

Fun times!

I know what you mean about the blogging...now just to follow through with printing it! I've been meaning to.

Katie said...

So sweet! What a great party!! So glad you are blogging so we can all be apart!