SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Monday, June 7, 2010

Hidden treasure





David didn't really have a "boo-boo", but he wanted to wear a bandaid b/c Daniel had one


Daniel sporting his real "boo-boo". Poor little guy.




This is before they set off for the blackberry bushes

At this time of year, it is very common for local farms to advertise "Free pick-in" for blueberries and blackberries. It has always seemed like a really fun thing that we could do as a family, and the boys would love it. Somehow, it came around in the paper recently and although it seemed like a great idea, I just couldn't muster up the energy to drag all of the kids to a near by farm in the heat and humidity to do it. I thought up all the crazy reasons why I shouldn't......'it'll mess up nap time and (that means no mommy time), or it'll be too hot, or I'll have the boys all by myself- it'll be too hard. Whatever the lame reason, I decided to forego it again.


Thankfully, the Lord thought I needed a break from my lameness and provided our own "free pick-em" bushes. I knew that we had a few blackberry bushes nestled along our driveway from years past, however I didn't realize, until Brian suggested it, that we have alot of blackberry bushes. It was great! The kids were so excited to show me where all of our treasure was hiding and we picked until our hearts were content. David ate most of his, so I had to constantly remind him to put some in his bucket, because I was planning to bake a pie. His little hands and fingers were purple and the dark ring around his mouth was a dead giveaway that he was enjoying them more than saving them. Unfortunately, the evening before the boys took a ride, in the trailer, behind Brian's mower and Daniel toppled out onto the limerock road. That's what the picture is all about with the bandaids. Anyway, our "treasure" was found and the pie was baked. Delicious if I can say so myself.

No comments: