SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Monday, June 7, 2010

Watermelon Festival

Holding on for dear life
Getting ready to ride the train

All-you-can eat watermelon


Miss "Delucca" riding safe with the boys.


O.k. so for those of you who know, yes this event was over a month ago. Whatever! Anyway, so I ventured off to the Watermelon Festival with the boys. All 3 boys, all by myself. My man Brian was working at the house and couldn't be pulled away, so I thought it wouldn't be that bad to go alone, especially since it was outside. I'd been wanting to go for years and somehow have always missed it. Whew!!! First of all, it was hotter than....(Haiti) and pleasantly 75% humidity (at least). Second, I forgot my debit card so I had to mooch off of my good friend Teri. and hope I didn't need anything else. (thanks girl!) Third, babies don't seem to like the heat b/c Reagan wasn't too happy about being drug all over creation, sweating to death. so he wasn't the most enjoyable party goer. We managed to have a good time. David and Daniel enjoyed the rides and I braved the ferris wheel with the two of them. Boy, was I scared! They each ate a whole watermelon I am sure and slept the whole ride home. Mommy on the other hand, was exhausted and didn't get a nap, so next year I am taking daddy.

2 comments:

Abby and Jacob said...

Lesson of the day: take Daddy and/or leave the baby at home! We thought about going to this but figured that Josiah wasnt old enough to enjoy it enough to justify braving the heat.

I love the pic of the boys eating watermelon.

Teri said...

Hot as Haiti is an understatement! I had so much fun with you regardless of the heat. You are my mommy hero! I don't even remember Reagan seeming fussy so you MUST be misremembering. =)Even with the heat I am so glad we went. Oh and I haven't even gotten my pics off my camera SO... my post will be about 2 months from now, ha ha