SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Miracles

Since we made our decision to move to Arizona, life has taken on new meaning. Devotion after devotion and scripture, repeatedly speaking to me personally, guiding my every thought and move.  It was not an easy decision.  I look back now, and in some ways, want to take it back. I find myself wondering, did I really hear correctly, did I fast the right way?, did I just want to prove to Brian that I could decisive? Well, regardless of how I feel now, we are in the thrones of moving. It seems every other day, someone is either coming to look at the house, or coming to buy something Brian has for sale. Honestly, I can see God's hand in everything. Once we all get out to our new home in the west, I will proclaim to everyone I meet, God has done a miracle.  Ok,so this sounds ridiculous but I have recently been reminded that little miracles happen too. It's all how you want to see it.  I say this because, the other day, Daniel was in the shower with David and I heard him exclaim.  "Look, David it's a miracle!".  I thought I heard him say what was so miraculous but then I wasn't sure so I asked him later. He replied, God took the dirt off my legs, "See?". "I rubbed my legs like this and now it's gone". "It's a miracle!"  Well, I'll be. I couldn't help from start laughing but I caught myself so I would't ruin his delight. 


Right now, God is doing a miracle in my heart. The daily ache as I count the things I'll miss seems to cloud that little part of me that can see the adventure that waits. A few of those things are: #10- Oak trees. North central Florida is covered with them and many of us take them for granted. But, when you're out, 'Look!, the moss hangs seductively and beautiful from every limb and the comfort that a huge,old oak brings is more than just shade. It just feels right.      




 #9 The Beach - this one is obvious to most of us.  Maybe not to Brian, but for me, even though I rarely go; I will miss the beach. Ahhhh,  the smell of the water, the breeze, the sand (only at the beach, not in my car) and watching the boys run from the waves.  West coast beaches are not the same!

No comments: