SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU. MATTHEW 6:33

Friday, March 15, 2013

Miracles............continued

Today, I am trying to convince myself, is just an ordinary day.  However, the fact is, we are meeting to sign a contract with, most possibly, the future owners of our house.  It feels weird. Although, I know this step is needed to fulfill "the plan", my stomach churns every time I think of it.  On the bright side- this might very well be a miracle.  Considering the slow economy and bad house market, it shouldn't  be anything short of a miracle that our house may sell after only being on the market for a month.  So, I will consider my options and I choose to thank the Lord for, again, showing me that we are moving in (His) the right direction.  
That brings me to the things I'll miss: #8-Living in the country . This encompasses a lot of small, yet significant treasures.  A few that come to mind are, having bonfires whenever we want.  The kids have had a ball, helping daddy light up a big fire.  It has become one of the highlights during this chilly season and being able to sit by a fire and listen to the crickets and wood crackle, under a blanket of stars is priceless.  Another great thing about living in the country is, I can drop the boys off, at two different schools, stop by the grocery, swing by CVS, and return the books to the library- all within a 1 mile radius.  I used to think Williston was boring and too backwoods, but there is something to be said about going to the grocery store in the same clothes you've had on all day, even if they are stained and a little dirty.  No one seems to notice (wink). It is also nice knowing everyone.  The other day, I picked David up from school and he was excited to see his teacher's husband driving his truck and trailer up in front of us.  "Look, there's Mr. Leo!".  I thought now how cute is that?  That will probably not happen in Surprise, Arizona.   Privacy is nice too, in the country.  One rainy day the boys had a blast running through the rain. Eventually, they were all naked and chasing each other in the puddles.  Now, that only happens in the country. (lol)  As, I drove home after getting the kids the other day, I was surprised at how much I enjoy watching the farmers out on their tractors baling hay.  Seems silly, I guess, but not seeing cows everyday grazing in a pasture is something I will really miss.  






This is the scripture I am focusing on today as I pack and prepare for my new adventure.  
"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past.  Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it?  I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert"  Isaiah 43:18-19  

2 comments:

Abby and Jacob said...

You are making me miss it and I'm not even leaving!

Jill said...

That scripture is just perfect, Julie. He has great things in store, I know, but we will miss you!